Sunday, March 04, 2007

The happiest place on earth

We just got back from Disneyland last night and I did a photo show of the highlights for you. I love Disneyland- it is so beautiful and magical, but I learned a few lessons this time.

1- Disneyland is much easier when you have a 1:1 ratio of little kids to adults. Miss E was still in my tummy last time and she was easier to manage that way.
2- Kids love it, but they equally love going to the park, or riding the carousel at the mall, or watching movies in the hotel room, so I will not feel like a bad mother if we don't go back for a few years. (but I will miss it!)
3- When taking a toddler to Disneyland, it is absolutely not a waste of time to leave for a few hours in the afternoon for naps, and in fact, if you do not have naps, the rest of the day may feel like a waste of time.
4- Giant swirly lollypops work like magic to keep kids happy through one more long line before dinner.



There were a lot of people there but I don't think we waited more than 20 minutes for any ride, and they were all good enough to wait 20 minutes for. Sam and I got to take turns on the California Screamin roller coaster and that was really fun too. We found good food in Disneyland this year- Cafe Orleans, especially their Mickey Beignets- heaven!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

So THAT'S where you've been all week! Cool! Whenever you post a comment on my blog that's my cue to check yours. I like your lessons. I prefer a 1:1 ration of adults to kids anywhere we go. I keep telling Justin we need to get some sort of trip planned before he leaves in August. We're closer to DisneyWorld than Disneyland so hopefully that'll be the place! He loves Disneyland and could possibly be mistaken for my child instead of my husband when we're there. Anyway thanks for sharing - cute pics!

stephanie said...

yay for disneyland! it really is the happiest place on earth.