Saturday, June 30, 2007
I love to have something fun to stick on the envelope when I mail something! In case you didn't know, you can order stamps online from www.usps.com and they only charge you $1. And then your kids won't be running wild around the post office.
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Saturday morning, Sam took Miss B out to breakfast for her birthday, then we all went to a baptism for a man in our ward and it was so great to see him and his enthusiasm for the gospel- he just seemed to be glowing he was so happy! Sometimes I take for granted the blessings the church brings to my life and it was a really sweet experience to see him and hear him tell about the joy and peace he now has in his life. Sam was conducting so I sat in the back row with the girls expecting that we would have to duck out at some point but they were all really good surprisingly! After that we went out to the Beach Park and met some families for another crazy hot afternoon full of sun and water. The kids had a blast and Miss E probably drank a gallon of that chlorinated water.
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
2. Free 20 page book. Pay shipping $8.99 shipping only. Code: 1PFLGB-BBC
3. Free shipping- Code: 1PFGSH-AP or 1PFGSH-P
Monday, June 18, 2007
Sunday, June 17, 2007
And of course my dad! I can't believe this is the earliest picture I have of him in my scrapbooks. He was so busy with school and work and church callings but he would take time out of his Saturday's to take us each out on "dates". We got to choose the activity and spend one on one time with him. I remember looking forward to it for weeks as there were 6 of us!
Here's a more recent picture of him with my baby- he's also a wonderful grandfather!
I feel so fortunate that my girls have these wonderful examples of good men in their lives that will hopefully set a standard for them! Happy Father's Day, I love you!
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Friday, June 15, 2007
NOW, for the explosion! Ok, I sat down here at my laptop this morning to post about Crafty Chica when suddenly I heard a LOUD BOOM- some kind of an explosion and I crouched down and looked out the window to the left and saw a fire ball coming at me I closed my eyes and waited for the burning. (no, I don't react well in emergencies) Well a second later, I realized I was still alive, and not on fire, so I opened my eyes and saw nothing out of the ordinary- no fire, no smoke, nothing. The horses were even standing around looking at each other. I tried to decide if I needed to call 911 first or gather my kids- I chose my kids- I ran to the stairs and yelled at them to come up here quick- they seemed unphased- like they hadn't even heard the explosion. (come to think of it, I never asked them) but I took them to the front of the house, and told them to wait there and I went back to the back window and looked out again, to see if I could see any part of my house on fire. Then I got my phone and called 911 and told them my story, and walked outside looking for any signs of fire or proof that I had actually seen and heard what I thought I had. No signs. At this point I'm starting to doubt my senses- am I insane? Is it possible that something in my brain snapped and made me experience this thing that didn't even happen? My heart was still pounding out of my chest when we went out front and I found my neighbor across the street running around because she had also seen the fire and heard the explosion, and then water had begun to flow up through her kitchen floor! Ok, I didn't imagine it. But we aren't quite sure what caused it. Other confusing evidence: a small fire burning in Ginger's yard down the street- she pulled up just after the explosion and saw it burning, but it was no big deal and burned itself out. There are some high voltage power lines that run along the back of our properties that may have had something to do with it? Sam did some exploring around and found a charred birdnest back near the back of Jessica's property (next door, and in the direction I saw the fireball coming from.) Anyways, I already am not exactly sure what the fire ball looked like, or even if it was a ball of fire, and I'm not sure how it sounded. I am quite relieved that this was not a creation of my imagination, and that no one got hurt! What an exciting morning!
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Sunday, June 10, 2007
1. I have a hard time getting rid of pretty things. Like junk mail with a pretty pattern, or cute tags from new clothes. Now I scan them and save them in a file on my computer so I can throw them out with just a little anxiety.
2. I cannot sleep if I don't wash my face before bed.
3. I do everything SLOWLY. I don't know why. Maybe there's a bit of a perfectionist in me that wants thing done exactly right. I hate that stressed/in a hurry feeling but the problem with moving slow is I end up late a lot, which makes me feel stressed and in a hurry anyways!
4. I leave the cupboard doors open. I never knew it until Sam informed me it drove him crazy- about 2 years into our marriage!
5. When my mind gets quiet, it starts a running dialog or everything I see or do "Then she walked over to the dishwasher and opened the door. She noticed that the pan on the bottom rack was flipped over and full of water. Then she wondered why that particular pan flipped over, and none of the other dishes did. Then she heard Miss E coming so she quickly closed the door." ETC- crazy, I know.
6. I really like being pregnant. (generally speaking- I don't like the 3 months of nausea, or the lack of sleep, or the getting huge and uncomfortable, or wearing maternity clothes, or the hearburn... I'm not sure why I like it.)
7. I ALWAYS use my turn signal- even in parking lots.
Ok, so I am tagging YOU- all of you who I link to in my friends section- and anyone else who might read this! (if you want)
Friday, June 08, 2007
***Update! I wasn't the only one excited about her food posts and she has now started a food blog where she posted all the recipes and hopefully will do more! You can check out CuisineNie by clicking HERE.