Friday, June 08, 2007

Food

I think I have a somewhat troubled relationship with food- I like to eat, and I like things that taste good, and I too often choose what sounds best (or is easiest) rather than what would actually benefit my body best. I stress about what to feed myself, and even more about what to feed the rest of my family and I really wonder what "healthy" people eat, and what their kids eat, and how they grow children without food issues. So I was excited to see blogger NieNie do a series this week called "NieNie's Vegetarian Life." She shared what she feeds her family on a vegetarian diet. And most of it sounded good. So if that interests you, you can check out her blog HERE. The only thing missing is the recipes! If you know her, request she put on some recipes, and do another week! I really like some of her thoughts and attitudes towards being a wife and mother and how she seems to really "get" the spirit of provident living. I hope I can soak some of that up. Oh and she has lots of really cool pictures. And she MAKES her own marshmallows!
***Update! I wasn't the only one excited about her food posts and she has now started a food blog where she posted all the recipes and hopefully will do more! You can check out CuisineNie by clicking HERE.

5 comments:

Sarah's Nonsense said...

Makes her own marshmallows, huh? I've heard they are SO yummy when they are homemade. But I've never done it. How did you find her blog?

stephanie said...

the food she made looked beautiful and delicious. she obviously has real talent for those types of things. i wished she had included recipes, too. sadly, though, i don't think my kids would accept salad as a suitable replacement to their daily pb&j.

Shauna said...

She should do it for another week! I love looking at all those food pics and the interesting things she makes. If she was my mom I'd eat healthy, too! And a composter even?! Dang!

KatieJ said...

I think I first found her blog from Stephanie, but since have found a lot of blogs link back to her.
My kids wouldn't go for a lot of that food, but maybe if they'd never had a chicken nugget before...

sara said...

I checked out her blog -I had come across her blog before, but don't know how- She now is posting her recipes on another blog due to the response. I loved everything she made. Kids WILL eat healthy - you just have to keep at it. -I've heard they need to have it placed before them LOTS (at least 7) before they actually take to it. -Which I've found is true. My almost two year old actually ate his salad for the first time last night. Anyways! I loved her blog. It was almost depressing though - she is a domestic goddess!! sigh :)