Saturday, June 02, 2007

My other favorite girls

I'm back. 4 days of dirt and sun and giggles and singing and spiritual boosts and staying up too late and BUGS and ALLERGIES (or maybe a miserable little cold) I am glad to be home, and also glad that I went to camp! I truly love all these girls and am so glad that I get to work with them- I never thought I would enjoy being in Young Women's so much. It was even better because of the ladies I got to hang out with, (Mairsy, Holly and Shannon) and our afternoon Dr. Pepper/Diet Pepsi breaks, and really super good food! I was mistaken for a girl rather than a leader a few too many times though- any suggestions on how to get the grown ups to take me seriously next year?

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Hey the "What Not To Wear" last night addressed just that issue - a teacher who blended in with her 12-year old students. But the solution involved fancy clothes and make-up, probably not gonna work for camp. I don't think blending in with YW is a bad thing though! So do you like camp better as a leader or better when you were in YW? And is Sippin' Cider still your favorite song?

Chris and Christy said...

Hey Katie, thanks for commenting on my blog...I get so excited everytime I get a new blog friend. Ofcourse Chris looks the same, I'm pretty sure he probably weighs the same too...a constant 145 since 9th grade:) Anyway, your girls are so cute!! and so are you :)

Laura said...

Ahhh I want to go camping with Mairsy, Holly, Shannon and you! How fun! I bet you ladies had a blast...and how lucky for the girls to have such awesome leaders!!