Saturday, January 20, 2007

Blogging since birth...

I finally figured out how to post a picture with my profile and I love it so you get to see it here too. I always thought I was such a cute kid, until I had kids of my own and they were SO much cuter! But this was always one of my favorite pictures of myself. As you can see I was a knock-kneed chubby 2 years old, in my nice "fur" coat, holding my new Payless shoe boxes tied together with string. And I thought I looked Chinese in it and that was cool. I wonder if that pixie hair cut was in style then or if it's just what they did to me at the local beauty college.
So something you should know about me if you know me at all is I have been a blogger for as long as I can remember. I narrarate my life in my head. It comes and goes now, but as a child it drove me crazy because I couldn't turn it off. "Katie walked down the street and noticed the yellow flowers growing in the Fosters grass. She stepped over the weeds growing in the crack and then started counting by twos, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16.... And then she stopped because she saw a weird looking bug and she wondered why it was running around in a circle. And then she looked at the sun and thought "it's getting hot..." and ON and ON and ON! I thought everyone did it at first but then I found out it was kind of weird so I didn't talk about it. When I was 8 I got a special microphone that "broadcasted" my voice onto a certain AM radio station if I was in range of a radio. I had my own show- "Kadio Radio" and I would talk about whatever I wanted to, and sing songs and it was SO cool. So is that at all like having a blog? I don't know. Luckily for you I can't sing on it. I hope I can make this more interresting than my random thoughts and Kadio Radio. No luck so far...

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Weird! I do that thing in my head too... only a little differenet. I always think about how I would write about what I'm doing and I think I'm so funny. Then when I go to write (in my journal or my "Hollobaugh Hollah") I totally forget everything. And when I was taking photography I would always imagine how things would look through a camera, I would be "framing" pictures everywhere I went. That pic is awesome - I see a lot of Emma.

KatieJ said...

You are a really good writer! Maybe I should be using this to try and think of more interresting ways of describing everything I do and see. I am glad to know I'm not the only one who has a nararrator- my husband and my family looked at me like I was growing horns when I brought it up to them.