Sunday, February 17, 2008

T.G.I. Almost Monday!

Sunday nights sometimes come with some gloom thinking about the upcoming Monday, but I have to say I am ready for this weekend to be OVER! It was frustrating and unproductive- I had a lot of plans that didn't happen, we started enough projects to just totally tear up my house and leave it a disaster area and I can't wait to start getting things wrapped up and put back together tomorrow! All 3 of my kids are sleeping on mattresses on the floor in the same (messy) room! One good thing from the weekend was trying out this odd little hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant with really good tacos! Sam tried it out earlier in the week and since I was in no mood to cook by the end of the day Saturday, he suggested we go try it out. I wanted to turn around and walk right back out as soon as we walked in. No one spoke a bit of English, and they didn't even have a soda machine! We had to walk down to another creepy Mexican restaurant to pick up drinks! (and no Dr. Pepper there either)
Anyways, Valentines was good- I initially wanted to make a different kind of cookie every day of the week but after 3 days of butter and sugar I decided it was enough. We made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with half chocolate chips and half Valentine M&M's, Peanut blossoms with Dove hearts instead of kisses, and pink snickerdoodles!For dinner the girls helped me make some super yummy heart shaped pizzas- since we did it last year it is a tradition!I got some Pomegranite Martini Mix and added it to sprite to make it pink and tasty. (FYI- it just tasted like cranberry juice in Sprite, for future reference, next time I think I'll just get cherry 7-up!) For breakfast I punched heart cookie cutters through bread before toasting it and that was much easier and just as impressive for the kids as heart pancakes would have been. I made Sam this Glitz sweetheart clear album (class at the scrapbook store) Yes I'm sure just what every guy wants for Valentines! But it was fun to make.and the girls got little baggies of dollar store stuff and they seemed to like it too. I hope you had a great Valentines and a better weekend than me!

6 comments:

Becky said...

CUTEST IDEA EVER! i am so stealing! i wanted to make somehting fun for valentines' day but was NOT feeling creative at all! LOVE the homemade pizza idea! your such a good mom! i am sure the girls LOVED IT! :)

Shauna said...

oh man i'm sorry you had a bad weekend. did you get a lot of painting done? i get so cranky when my house is a mess so i'm feeling for you. but a good taco can make up for a lot :) and i love your heart pizza. i meant to copy you and do that this year but i forgot. hope you have a better week than weekend!

markandaubrey said...

I love your heart pizza. Your blog is so cute! I am so excited that your whole family has blogs! About the house projects, I hate doing projects around the house and having everything torn up. Mark said we could have new floors put in and I don't even want to go through that mess. I can't wait to see it all when it's done!

Katie said...

Even though your weekend wasn't very productive it sounds like you were all week! Sheesh! And I love your pizza, so cute!

Everton Family said...

I'm feeling really guilty because I didn't do anything fun like that this Valentines Day...I will have to remember those darling ideas for next year. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful ideas...keep the creative ideas coming! I love your blog and wish I was as creative you.

Unknown said...

OMG! The pizza is a great idea - I'm totally making it for my husband next year! I did the martini mix thing this year too, but I accidentally got the kind with alcohol and my husband and I had a different kind of valentine's- let's just say a third party was involved ;). You are the best mom!