Thursday, February 07, 2008

I've lost a limb.

I am sorry for the lack of blog posts- I can't post right now because I just want to complain. If I WAS going to post, I would just tell you after talking to Dell Tech Support, and having some computer programers we know examine my laptop, it appears that the hard drive is a total loss. All the digital scrapbooking supplies I've collected, fonts, digital scrapbook pages I've made and not printed, pictures, (saved to Shutterfly thank goodness, but gone for my files) all my Quicken files that I needed for taxes, my e-mail addresses, my internet favorites, and probably lots of other things I haven't thought of yet, GONE. Sam quit his job at the end of the year and has started a new business and I am so excited for him, but right now we are just trying to not drain all our savings, so a new laptop is just not in my near future. Oh and we've been to the pediatrition 4 times in the last month, and Miss B is on round 2 of antibiotics for Strep Throat. I'm not ignoring the blessings though, no one else has gotten it yet.
I'll just show you one of my favorite old pictures- since that's all I have on this computer. It's Sam and Miss B. when she was 1 playing outside the Dallas temple.It makes me smile even when I'm being a grump. I will take some new pictures, and find something fun and interresting to blog about soon!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh man that is HORRIBLE! I am so so sorry about your computer! Now I feel disconnected for not even knowing Sam quit his job and started a business. What is he doing now? The tree picture is so cute:)

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

man i am so sorry! that is the pitts. i guess i should count my blessings and be glad that hasn't happened to us, yet. our laptop is our only computer. you are a good sport. i hope we can see you soon!

rachel said...

that stinks katie. sorry. i'm relieved for you that you saved your pictures with shutterfly. and i guess i didn't know about sam quitting either. i knew it was coming, but didn't know it happened. and i hate going to the dr and i hate antibiotics. sheesh, you do have reason to complain!

Jim and Jami said...

that happened to us about a month ago, and I lost everything, except some of the pictures that I had saved to flickr.....love your blog I found you from Mel's site.....I put a link to your site on my flemingfamilycircus.blogspot.com.....It is under Digiscrap on the right hand side near the bottom.....have a great day....and congrats on the new little one.....