Monday, March 23, 2009

What we've been up to

The kids went back to school today and it was nice to get my house (mostly) back into shape but I have seen some benefits to having them home and thinking summer might not be something to dread afterall...We had our St Patricks day cupcake and lemonade stand and it was quite a success- somehow they ended up making $25 to share between the 5 kids who worked it. (thanks Papa) We got a bit of a garden started too, thanks to my wonderful mom for getting my 2 grow boxes ready. I was so intimidated to get started but now I wonder why, it's not hard. The plants we put in are growing great but only a couple of the seeds sprouted, I am going to blame it on my kids somehow... I can't wait to start getting some tomatoes and peppers!My [big huge] little baby just keeps growing up and it's not fair! He gets bigger every day and it's so fun to see him doing new things but I wish we could just slow things down and keep him a baby a little longer. My favorite is his "uh-ooooooohhhhh." He says it slow and low every time he drops something, or thinks about dropping something, it cracks me up.

6 comments:

stephanie said...

i feel like i haven't seen you in forever! we should get together soon.

nate and amy crandell said...

haha he is hands down the CUTIEST!!! I'm sorry we missed your lemonade stand we were all the way out of town and I yelled NOO we forgot to get some cupcakes and lemonade!

OurFamily said...

He's so cute! I can't believe how big he is. The lemonade stand was so fun :)

Shauna said...

yay a fun family post! who is the cute baby in the top picture? are you doing that square foot gardening? I totally want to try it...when I get there I'm gonna learn your secrets. Or you should post them! That fits under food storage friday doesn't it? And Charlie is awesome. I'm laughing imagining him with his low uh-oh. Have fun tonight!

KatieJ said...

Yes I am trying the square foot gardening, good idea about having it for FSF :) And the baby is my niece Evelyn, Diana's cute baby!

davidandsuzi said...

I love your big huge, little baby! We are attempting a garden too this year. I will pray for us both!