Sunday, March 29, 2009

All week long

All week long this beautiful stack of fabric has been staring at me. We came home from the ranch last Saturday and I saw the package on my doorstep and couldn't wait to get into it, but unfortunately we arrived late for a party, with filthy dirty kids, to a house that smelled like puke, with a clogged kitchen sink, and piles and piles (and piles) of laundry. I finally opened the box and took this picture, but didn't get to do anything with it until yesterday. Lindsey introduced me to J. Caroline Creative and I got a little carried away and spent all my Easter dress budget, so now I really have to get sewing! I literally worked all day yesterday on Miss G's dress- it's almost done. I think it's really cute, and although I was extremely careful with all my measuring and cutting, following every step with exactness, including marking, notching, basting, pressing etc, I still managed to end up with side seams that don't quite match up, and a slightly off center zipper, but I'm going with it anyways. Pictures hopefully tomorrow!

No comments: