Wednesday, January 30, 2008

In a past life...

I worked as a media buyer for an advertising agency and it's all still interresting to me. Obviously in the last 6 years things have changed a lot with the internet and how people use it for advertising and there was no YouTube. I think it's great how Dr. Pepper took the Chocolate Rain guy, and made a music video and song "Chocolate Cherry Rain" with him, to promote their new product Chocolate Cherry Dr. Pepper and stuck it on YouTube. (I wonder what the CPP, reach and frequency of it works out to be?)If you never saw Chocolate Rain, you really should check out the original video with over 14 million views HERE. Then see the Chocolate Cherry Dr. Pepper video HERE.
PS- has anyone tried it? I was tempted to buy a 12 pack when they were on sale last week but decided I better try it first.

2 comments:

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

robby and i tried it and didn't like it. the chocolate is too weird and it's not refreshing or good. but that's just our opinion.

Unknown said...

Hmmmm...I was thinking about trying this, too. Now I am a little hesitant. Let me know if you try it, too, Katie!