Thursday, November 12, 2009

Still here- nesting, don't give up on me

I was listening to my favorite radio guy, Dennis Prager, the other day and he spoke about a friend who found out he was dying of cancer. His friend something about how it's interresting that we all are walking around living our lives like we aren't going to die tomorrow, until we find out we are going to die tomorrow, and suddenly everything changes, our focus, what we do, and how we look at things is different. That struck a chord with me (on a not-so-deep level) because I've been pregnant for 9 months, and for the majority of that time I've ignored the fact- I've been living my life as if I wasn't going to be having a new baby, and suddenly it's hit that I'm going to have another baby! Probably in the next week or so! So I've been busy. Painting is done, I still have a few small room accents to finish up, hopefully tomorrow. My hospital bag is almost packed, Christmas cards are being designed, birthday (Miss G's is coming up) and Christmas shopping is well underway, tiny onesies, pj's and blankets are clean and folded and the carseat is installed! I finally packed up Halloween decorations yesterday, and accepted that the cute plate display I started but didn't finish,(picture and instructions on Design Mom HERE) and my Halloween album will have to wait till next year to be finished, and that's ok!
I'll have finished room photos soon, the pink turned out pretty I think, I got confirmation from my talented sister in law and her sister that it's a good color, and they gave me some other good tips- it's coming together! I found a darling toddler bed on Craigslist, the first good thing within my price range I've ever found there actually, and though Mr. C isn't sleeping in it yet, he thinks it's the coolest ever. Now I need to sleep, because that's something else I won't be able to do much of once this new baby joins us!

5 comments:

bkbills said...

I'm not pregnant and I can honestly say that I haven't accomplished that much in 9 months...ever. Can't wait to see the new rooms and baby! (Also, I almost always like what Denis Preager has to say!)

nate and amy crandell said...

so excited for you!!! can't wait to see how cute he is, you have the cutest kids HANDS down :)

Leslie said...

I have my stack of movies that you can watch when you are up at night. Sounds like you are almost ready!!! I know the family is excited for you.

Shauna said...

seriously. maybe i need to have a baby so i'll get stuff done. you're amazing! i'm excited to see pictures!

ps i want to get you a baby gift...is there anything you specifically want/need?

ann said...

Didn't realized your baby was coming so soon. Good luck with everything, and shauna is right, you're amazing!