Saturday, April 19, 2008

Been a little busy...

Charlie has arrived- last Sunday. I am working on getting the pictures, hopefully tomorrow! Last week I felt like I was in labor almost every night! Contractions would start around when I put the kids to bed, and then fizzle out a few hours later. Finally, Sunday morning I woke up around 1 hurting, and after a few hours of going in and out of sleep I finally was hurting too bad to sleep and got up and got ready. I spent all morning timing contractions and suffering, waiting for some kind of consistent pattern until I couldn't wait any more. We checked into the hospital around 2:30 and luckily for me they were pretty slow and happy to admit me and get that epidural going. Charlie arrived at 7:30 that night, a chubby and healthy 8lbs 1oz, without any major complications and we are both doing good! I don't get much done in the early weeks with a new baby, as you can see this post took me a week to do! Pictures of our handsome little boy to come soon!

6 comments:

Robin said...

Yipee! Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures of the little man.

Unknown said...

Yay!! Congratulations!

Shauna said...

So that's what going into labor is like? Glad you guys are doing well. Eagerly awaiting pictures...

bubblegumandlipgloss said...

Hurray, can't wait to see the handsome little guy. Glad things went well and happy one week b. day to him today!

rachel said...

i've been waiting for an announcement post! finally 2 days ago i asked louie if he knew if you'd had your baby yet. "oh yeah, i forgot to tell you." so congratulations a week late! way to make an entrance baby charlie--8lbs. 10 oz! wow.

Sara! said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see who he looks like. Get lots of rest if you can!