Friday, March 07, 2008

6 Week Countdown: things start getting ridiculous

The other day my nephew came up and slapped my belly and laughed hysterically and when I asked him "what's in there?" he said "a ball!" and thought it was really funny that I was hiding a big ball under my shirt!
And a tip for myself, and possibly other pregnant women, do not shop for clothing in the last 2 months of your pregnancy. You don't make good choices. You buy things because "oh, it's only $6! and it should cover my belly for a few more weeks! And since it's not maternity, I could wear it easily for a couple months after the baby is born!" Then you show it to your 4 year old to get her fashion stamp of approval. That $6 would have been better spent on lunch at Chic-Fil-A. Luckily I had a moment of clarity when I put it on this morning and it's going in the DI box. (but I had to take a picture of myself to laugh at first)

10 comments:

Robin said...

I'm not sure I should tell you this because it's kind of embarrassing, but whoever took those pictures cut off a teeny bit of your head.

Funny post.

KatieJ said...

Ha! Yes, it is interresting that while ordinarily, I wouldn't want a picture of anything BUT my face out there, when pregnant, I don't want to put my face in the pictures! hmmm...

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

see and I think you look amazing in both pictures! you just have a little belly, and the rest of your body looks normal! I get huge EVERYWHERE! even my nose gets bigger! :) and I like the $6 shirt!

Kasey said...

You are so cute! I love the patch work shirt. They have seriously come out with the cutest pregnant stuff! I alos can't believe I've been checking your blog for almost 9 months! Can't wait to see what a little boy of yours is going to look like!

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

i LOVE that pink shirt! you are super adorable. can't wait to meet charlie!

Everton Family said...

I thought the patchwork shirt was cute, and when I saw the picture before I read your words I thought she is adorable...look at those thin arms, and cute clothes! You are darling...even when you're pregnant!

Shauna said...

Ya I like that shirt too... if I wasn't about to pop I'd have you send it here instead of DI! You look way good by the way.

Emily Ruth said...

You're darling. If you were wearing a burlap sack, you'd be adorable. I can't wait to meet Baby Charlie!

Anonymous said...

So this is what I have to look forward to? You are a total babe. You wear pregnancy (and ALL of your shirts) well! Good luck!
Natalie R.

Unknown said...

I love that 6 DOLLAR SHIRT!! If you don't mind me asking where did you get it! It is sooooo adorable!!!