Thursday, May 24, 2007

I actually DID something!

back view:
It seems like my wannabe craft blog hasn't had many CRAFTS lately! But I actually did something tonight. This is embarrassing, but I gave this to my mother in law a few years ago for some gift. I knew it wasn't cute then, but I just couldn't figure out how to decorate it! I wanted her to have some kind of a journal/guest book at the ranch for people to write in when they visited. Every time I see it, I cringe so I finally decided to do something about it and improve it! It's not great, but I am very happy with how it turned out. Sam took the picture on the front and I used some denim scraps for the binding, tied on some twine and leather, a few silver charms (purchased a couple years ago during an obsessive silver charm shopping on eBay phase,) and then punched some holes and added eyelets and ribbon to close it. Oh, and I did rub-ons for the "please sign in" but I would type them on the picture before I printed it if I did it again.
So, hooray! A craft!

6 comments:

sara said...

SO very cute. It turned out way good. Again I am in awe. The ranch looks like a really cute place - Where is it? Have fun this weekend!

Shauna said...

Nice book makeover - doesn't even look like the same book! :)

stephanie said...

wow, it looks so great!

Sarah's Nonsense said...

Good job. That's such a good feeling when you finish a project that has been drawn out like that! I bet it feels great to be able to stop thinking about it now and then...

Sarah's Nonsense said...

P.S. in regards to the rendezvous ranch post below...I LOVE that it's always Christmas there. How cool is that?

Ginger John said...

Katie! All I can say is Wow! That is beautiful. I love it! Can't wait to see it in person next time we visit the ranch. Way to go girl.